Hotel Near Emerald Park
Looking for a family adventure day out but looking to escape the busy Dublin City Centre, why not venture out to Emerald Park.
Located in Killebrew on the outskirts of Co. Meath, Emerald Park opened its doors in 2010 and is Ireland’s first theme park. Combining elements of a theme park along with having a zoo onsite.
With a number of attractions from Air Race, 5D cinema and of course the famous rollercoaster as the main event, there is something to suit everyone. Children, parents and grandparents are sure to have a great day out.
A day trip that incorporates fun and learning, be sure to allow yourself some extra time to visit the onsite animals and the habitats that have been built. You will find a number of different animals from Squirrel Monkey and Meerkats to Red Bellied Tamarins.
To get to Emerald Park from Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane it is approximately a 15-minute walk to the suggested Bus Eireann bus stop which is located on Beresford Place Dublin 1 (beside Liberty hall) and enjoy the 45-minute journey from route 103. Please note the bus runs once a day and twice a day on weekends.
- Take the M2 towards Ashbourne (exit 5 on the M50 signposted ‘Derry/Slane’).
- Once on the M2 continue to the very end of the motorway until you come to a roundabout. Take the first exit onto the N2 signposted ‘Slane’.
- Continue on the N2 for 3.8km before turning left onto the R155 to Curragha (signposted ‘Dunshaughlin/Ratoath’).
- Follow this road until it brings you to a roundabout at the entrance to Emerald Park.
Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane is a family-friendly hotel. From family rooms, 22-meter swimming pool with a leisure centre and swimming lessons on request for the kiddies which makes it an ideal base for family trips. We have exclusive family offers available that are sure to be a hit for the whole family to enjoy.
- Overnight accommodation
- 2-course Pre-theatre dinner in Stir Restaurant
- Kids under 12 eat free
- Full Irish breakfast buffet
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary use of Club Vitae Leisure Club which includes a 22-meter swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi