The GAA grounds are also known as ‘Croker’, and are a top Irish attraction. Since opened in 1884, Croke Park has played host to uncountable GAA matches. As a result, it’s strongly associated with the traditional Irish sports of Hurling and Gaelic Football. If visiting Ireland for the first time, be sure to see a match before you leave.
With the capacity to hold over 80,000 people, Croke Park has also hosted major international bands and musicians. Over the years, these include; U2, One Direction, Take That, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and many more.
Croke Park also offers the opportunity to experience the breath-taking views of Dublin city from the Eithad Skyline Tour. This takes place on Croke Park roof top, and immerses visitors 0.6km above ground.
For many people making trips to Croke Park to support your county on the road to the All Ireland Final, Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane is perfectly located close to the stadium. In fact, it’s just a 10 minute drive from our doors.
Upcoming Events at Croke Park
- Masita GAA All Ireland Football Post Primary Schools Finals – Saturday, 4th April
- Leinster GAA Football Senior Championship Semi-Finals – Sunday, 7th June
- Leinster GAA Football Senior Championship Final – Saturday, 20th June
- Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard & Lory Meagher Cup Finals – Saturday, 27th June
- Leinster GAA Hurling Senior Championship Final & Joe McDongah Cup Final – Sunday, 28th June